Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Oath of Office

Your oath of office:

" I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the
Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that
I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation
freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will
well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to
enter. So help me God.''
I am very concerned, that those who we have elected to represent our interest
have forsaken their oath of office. I have observed the passage many of laws,
which I believe are contrary to the interests or benefit of the people, and are
an offense to the principles upon which the constitution is based. I see a
general neglect, in the execution of laws, which were and are intended to protect
the interest of the people. I see elected and appointed officials using lies and
deceptions, in order, to mislead the people. It is time that these official be
held to their oath!
The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the Land and it was formed to protect
the interests of the " common" people, of the United States of America. It set
forth a framework and guide posts to follow and which must never be violated.
If you are one of these elected or appointed officials, who have violated the
oath of your office, in favor of corporate, individual self interests, or any
other interests, then you should resign from office out of shame. You are an
outlaw, if not a traitor... resign and let someone, who takes seriously the oath
of office to replace you!
If the shoe fits...wear it!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

No comments: